Cascade Hop Rhizome
Cascade is the most used variety by American craft brews and great for new hop growers.
This variety was created and released by the U.S.D.A in 1972. It is characterized as a medium strength aroma of unique floral/spicy with a bittering potential. Cascade is the most used variety by American craft brews and great for new hop growers!
How to plant hop plants
- Location: Hops love full sun, select a location that maximizes their exposure.
- Planting: Prepare the soil by digging a hole and ensuring it contains loose dirt that will let roots extend and soil drain. Place the rhizome 4 inches below the top of the soil, and 3 feet apart or more from the others. Loosely pack soil back on top of the rhizome, and don’t forget to mark what variety you have planted!
- Trellis: Hops want to climb, make sure you have twine and clips or have otherwise provided a way for them to stretch upward.
- Nutrient: Your hops will benefit from some fertilizer, you can use our speciality blend or an off-the-shelf option from your local nursery.
- Water: Besure to water your hops regularly, but don’t keep their surrounding soil saturated for extended periods of time.